Goodbye 6th Class 2015-2016
Read the link below! This will help you develop your sole skills and take your game to another level
- Lots of teams think that 5-a-side is too informal a game to think about tactics. These teams generally lose. Instead, use our guide to 5-a-side formations to develop a structure that suits your team, but understand that you all play a part of the attack as well as the defense. Understand the various 5-a-side positions and make sure you’re playing in your best spot.
- The best 5-a-side teams are filled with players who know both parts of the game: how to attack and how to defend. The latter is the often neglected part of a player’s toolkit so make sure it’s not your blind-spot by reading our ultimate guide to 5-a-side defending.
- Goalkeepers should understand the vital role that they play in distribution and other players should support them in this by creating clear channels for them to safely pass through.
- Keepers should practice rolling (more like bowling) the ball flat along the floor – it’s very difficult for a player to instantly control a bouncing ball, whereas if it’s rolling flat on the floor when they receive it they can immediately plan their next move.
- The overriding rule of goalkeeper distribution should be safety first. If in doubt, don’t risk an uncertain pass. Too many goals get conceded this way.
CommunicateVery few teams can organise a defence in complete silence. You need somebody to take control. Although defending starts from the front, communication comes best from the back. That’s where players can see a full view of all the action in front of them, it’s another important job that ideally I like my last-man to play.